Job Opportunities at Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences (MUHAS)
The Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences (MUHAS) works on three pillars of Teaching, Research and consultation or/and public service. The university provides professional advice and/or services to the community in order to improve health of the population. The University, through the Institute of Traditional Medicine, has a Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) unit that is used for R&D as well as incubation of herbal remedies for commercialization. The institute is looking for a qualified candidate to undertake tasks in the Herbal medicines dispensing unit.
Assistant Nurse / Clinical Assistant
Salary scale: POSS I.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Holder of Certificate in Nursing/certificate in Clinical Medicine from NACTE.
- Must be registered by the respective Professional Board.
- A working experience in herbal medicines will be an added advantage.
- Must be computer literate
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide counseling to the clients before dispensing herbal medicines.
- Keep records of clients visiting at ITM for consultation and/or purchase of herbal medicines Give health education to clients.
- Sell herbal medicines and keep sell records
- Maintains and updates inventory of herbal medicines in the dispensing unit.
- Performs any other Duties and Responsibilities within the scope of practice as assigned by the Head of section.
Terms of Contract
On contract, Renewable after two (2) years
Mode of application:
The application package including current resume (CV), copies of certificates should be sent to
Institute of Traditional Medicine,
Muhimbili university of Health and Allied Sciences
Dar es Salaam
Email: [email protected]
Only shortlisted Individuals will be notified to attend the interview at MUHAS
Application deadline: 31st December 2021