Job Opportunity at Mwanza Intervention Trials Unit
Job Opportunity at Mwanza Intervention Trials Unit The Mwanza Intervention Trials Unit (MITU) based at the National Institute for Medical Research campus in Mwanza, Tanzania is a collaborative research unit of the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and the National Institute for Medical Research. The mission of the Mwanza Intervention Trials Unit is to contribute to improving health through the development and evaluation of interventions against HIV and other health problems by conducting research, including clinical trials, to the highest international standards; to enhance the capacity to carry out such research in Tanzania and the East African region; and to contribute to the translation of research findings into health policy. MITU is currently collaborating with other international research partners to implement a trial evaluating a single-dose of the human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine in males to reduce population prevalence of HPV. The Unit is now inviting applications from highly motivated and suitably qualified candidates to fill the following position:
Deputy Trial Manager
The successful applicant will ideally have a postgraduate qualification in public health or other field related to health research; proven technical expertise in the quality management of clinical trials; experience in clinical/laboratory procedures in research and collaborative research involving human clinical, epidemiological or laboratory outcomes; proven skills and experience in multicentre research.
- Assisting the Trial Manager with the day-to-day management of the clinical trial.
- Assisting with communication between MITU/NIMR, the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
- Recruiting, coordinating, training and supervising the field team staff.
- Frequent travel to field sites to ensure the smooth running of all areas of trial activities.
- Postgraduate qualification in public health or other field related to health research.
- At least one year’s relevant experience working on clinical trials.
- Evidence of having practical experience in the management of research teams.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Swahili.
- Residing in the Mwanza area or willing to relocate for this
- Applicants must be willing to travel extensively in the Lake Zone regions.
- Experience of working on vaccine-related research studies.
- Experience of working in East Africa.
- A postgraduate qualification in epidemiology, public health, or equivalent experience.
Mode of application:
Interested applicants should submit a letter of application together with their CV and copies of all relevant certificates, memberships and qualifications [email protected] no later than 16th December 2021.
The applicants should clearly state the job title for which they are applying in the subject line of the
Paper applications will not be accepted.
Interviews will be held at the earliest available opportunity and only shortlisted candidates will be notified by email if selected for interview.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date, please consider yourself unsuccessful.
MITU is an equal opportunity organization, female applicants and people with disability are highly encouraged to apply.