Job Vacancies at Secondary Education for Girls Advancement (SEGA) SEGA is a Tanzanian non-profit Non-Governmental Organization registered in 2007. SEGA was established with the aim to build and run a quality secondary girls boarding school which fosters the development of strong values, healthy self esteem and independent thinking skills among its students. SEGA coordinates the day-to-day operations of the project, with additional technical and financial assistance from Nurturing Minds, a United States 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that is dedicated to improving the lives of Tanzanian girls through education.
The SEGA Girls School is situated at the foot of the Uluguru mountains in a rural area of Tanzania near the town of Morogoro, 190 km west of Dar es Salaam.
Job Tittle: DRIVER
- To drive SEGA vehicle wherever needed
- To maintain vehicle log book
- To keep vehicles in good condition
- Timely reporting to your supervisor any car damages, accident, services and repairs
- VETA/ N.l.T Certificate, Form IV Certificate, Class C and not less than 1year experience.
- Able to speak fluent Swahili and relative English.
Job Title : Fundraising Officer
Reports to : Director
Location : Morogoro
The Fundraising Officer role is integral to the development and implementation of the successful income stream for SEGA. The role holder is responsible for management and administration of relationships with the existing portfolio of funders and development of new proposals and bids to support SEGA’s expanding range of innovative projects.
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing funding bodies, including attendance at conferences and networking events to maintain a current understanding of funder’s priorities and opportunities.
- Conduct research, including review of strategy, reports and accounts and liaison with key colleagues to establish and articulate key funding areas and projects.
- Prepare and submit accurate and persuasive funding applications in a timely manner.
- Monitor applications, respond to queries promptly and provide colleagues and senior management with regular update reports.
- Provide the Communications Team with relevant details to publicise support from funding bodies.
- Identify funding bodies deemed relevant and likely to provide funding support to SEGA.
- Retain current knowledge of funding opportunities offered by grant-making trusts, foundations and statutory bodies.
- Maintain accurate records of all communications with existing and potential funders.
- Ensure the Finance Department understand any restrictions on the use of received income.
- Complete research and administrative support towards the submission of major corporate funding applications.
- Produce letters of thanks for donors.
- Ensure fundraising complies with best practice and quality standards.
- Provide back-up general administrative support as required.
Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Social Sciences, Information Sciences, Research, Business Administration, or related field plus 3 years’ experience in Project Management.
Essential & desirable;
- Affinity with the goals and objectives of SEGA.
- Experience of researching, collating, preparing and submitting accurate funding applications.
- Evidence of long-term relationship building with external funders.
- Self-motivation and confident to work independently.
- Excellent communicator, both face-to-face and via remote communications.
- Excellent written and numeracy skills
- Ability to manage time effectively, prioritise workload and plan ahead.
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to work at a school environment
- Understanding of Data Protection and fundraising regulations, compliance and best practice.
Females are highly encouraged to apply
HOW TO APPLY
Send application to: firstname.lastname@example.org by submitting only Application Letter and CV.
The deadline for submitting the application is 23 July 2021.