Job Opportunities at Total Tanzania Total is a world class multinational that is strategically committed to attracting, developing, rewarding and retaining the best talent. To fulfill this commitment, we have developed ambitious human resources policies. One of Total’s core strengths is its diversity. We are committed to eliminating any trace of discrimination in our hiring and career advancement practices.
At Total, we have four cornerstone behaviors that enable us make a difference through the way we conduct ourselves both internally & externally. We refer to these cornerstones as the TOTAL Attitudes:
Sales Manager – Lake zone
Total Mwanza, Mwanza, Tanzania
- Follow up on sales Activity for existing GT clients in Lake Region, making sure the clients have adequate stock levels of all products and order on time in line with logistics organisation.
- Makes direct follow up on the GT clients to ensure Safety policy and proper product storage and handling is followed as well as maintaining good corporate image.
- Makes close follow up on payment by GT and reseller customers as per payment terms set into their contracts
- Deliver monthly statements to GT clients.
- Reconcile and acknowledgement of balance to be made
- Indulge in market intelligence and surveys on competitors’ prices offered to clients in the region and report accordingly.
- Involve fully in prospection activities across all sectors of the economy in the region
- Ensure customer service is systematically carried out to minimize/manage complaints
- Makes inventories of equipment on GT sites and advice on necessary replacement or additions should need be. Follow up on all preventive maintenance in GT sites.
- Follow-up on removal of equipment from clients sites to ensure safe disposition on relevant storage locations / depots.
- General follow up of all General trade customers and prospects in the region with clear and timed reporting schedule.
- Context and environment
- Market is characterised by partial price regulation by Government (Joint Procurement)
- Market is characterised by rampant discounting on depot fuel selling prices
- Market is characterised by presence of cheap lube products and counterfeiting
- Market is characterised by strong price negotiators across clientele.
- Weak maintenance programmes.
- University degree in Engineering, or Commercial Fields.
- 3 years experience working on a sales oriented company
- Negotiation/communication skills, proactive, Self reliant and fluent in English& Swahili.
- Computer literate.
- Holder of valid driving license.
Offer ID: 36832BR
Admin Sales Support/ Trading
Region, department, area
Fixed term position
Experience Level Required: Minimum 3 years
Employer Company: TOTAL TANZANIA LTD
Fleet and Training Supervisor
- Ensure deployment of the PATROM rules and Branch standards and local regulations.
- Enforce HSEQ rules and procedures concerning transport activity.
- Quality Control of products to be within Tanzania quality specifications as per TBS.
- Participate in accident/incident analyses with the HSEQ Manager.
- Implement the corrective and preventive actions defined following accidents and incidents (in Tanzania or in the group)
- Put in place controls to prevent fraud during product transport
- Assist transporters on the implementation of a safety management system for transporter
- FLEET SUPERVISION
- Participate in internal/external transport audits and manage the follow-up action plan. (SMS, SMT, ICT…)
- Implement a follow up for the transportation action plan
- Implement and follow up operations and vehicle inspections (Roadworthiness, Vetting, safe to load)
- Implement and follow up transportation activity KPIs
- Determine the size of the fleet
- Implement the corrective and preventative actions defined following accidents and incidents
- Before the integration of a new truck into the fleet, manage all the acceptance procedures
- Validate and communicate the list of approved vehicles
- Carry out trend analysis of technical anomalies recorded and put forward action plans to reduce them
- Vetting vehicle in the fleet
- Carry out spot checks on equipment
- Inspect vetting quality
- Validate and communicate the list of approved vehicles
- Assess the performance of transporters
- Optimize the performance of the fleet to reduce transportation costs
- Act as an interface between transporters, clients and the depots to optimize the delivery flows
- Coordinating Drivers training as per PATROM standards, make sure training program (including theory, practical, assessments) prepared and implemented.
- Work together with the transporter to achieve training objectives and make sure training procedure is developed
- Check the quality of the training dispense to the drivers
- Monitor drivers deadlines (Regulatory training, PATROM, Preventative training, medical check, etc)
- Validate and communicate the list of accredited drivers
- Work together with a transporter to prepare and circulate Toolbox meetings topics
- Carry out spot checks on driver
- Carry out spot checks on compliance with procedures (depot, station, transporter)
- Train safe to load Operators
- Raise awareness and motivate the team of safe to load about the safety of transport operations.
- Set up toolbox meetings with drivers and transporters
- Cross-check correctness of transport invoices
Context and environment
- Managing transport activity in a difficult environment due to:
- The difference between local regulations and PATROM.
- The level of safety awareness of drivers and transporters
- The level of performance of some transporters
- Road conditions and infrastructure
- Coordinating with different departments to ensure timely deliveries in a safe manner
- The Customer Service department, Depot managers, and the affiliate HSEQ manager
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Logistics.
Good knowledge and experience of petroleum industry operations.
Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar position.
Leadership abilities and be capable of working without supervision.
Strong adherence to safety policies and regulations.
Ability to understand complex processes and how they affect information systems.
Negotiation abilities, rigor, high integrity standards, resistance to stress and ability to anticipate and react quickly.
Fluent in MS Office.