This role has the overall responsibility for managing all sourcing unit engineering projects and has total responsibility for maintenance, including utilities, production lines, processing plants, irrigation equipment, power line infrastructure, roads and buildings. The primary objective of the job is to implement improvements contributing to the factory’s PQCDSMI (Productivity, Quality, Cost, Delivery, Sustainability, Morale & Innovation) targets, and to effectively maintain all operational and support elements of the sourcing unit.
POSITION:Engineering Services Manager
In the area of engineering projects, you will lead planning and implementation of all site engineering projects including innovations rollout, infrastructure, capacity, SHE, quality, hygiene, or general improvement projects.
In the area of maintenance, you are responsible for all maintenance activities relating to production lines, utilities, infrastructure, material handling equipment, and other facilities on-site.
- Identification of Capital Expenditure requirements on a yearly basis and update throughout the year.
- Responsible for the Safety of all project-related operations within the factory, as well as maintaining and setting of safe working procedures
- Ensure that Quality of the work conducted is to the highest possible standard and lowest cost.
- Timely implementation of technical projects, including cost and resource management
- Management of Health, Safety and Environmental aspects of project management from design (PHA, HAZOPS, MDSAS), equipment selection, project implementation (site safety), Commissioning and final project handover.
- Raising of all Capital Expenditure Proposals for each project detailing commercial case, equipment costs, payback, DCF yield and write – off.
- Coordinate with Supply Chain, Production, Development, and Commercial during the project lifetime to understand the deliverables and constraints within the project.
- Lead the Professional Maintenance WCM (World Class Manufacturing) pillar
- Lead initiatives on-site to improve safety and environment performance
- Lead SIMAS (Safety in Manufacturing & Supply) applications for site
- Maintain Building and Utilities
- Lead the Maintenance team by providing a strategy and implementation plans for continuous improvement
- Lead the Professional Maintenance WCM pillar
- Responsible for managing overall repair and maintenance budget for the site
- Responsible for optimizing maintenance cost, MTBF, and MTTR for production lines
- Responsible for overall planning and execution of Preventive Maintenance activities
- Responsible for planning and execution of breakdown maintenance activities
- To control overall costs of the Engineering Stores.
- Ensure that all qualifying spare parts are duty exempt by ensuring applications is coordinated and timely.
- Implement control measures to ensure system accuracy in accounting of spares and spares consumption
- Optimize spare parts safety stock levels in line with working capital targets of the sourcing unit
- Reporting of MTTR and MTBF of equipment
- Reporting of capital expenditure and tracking of budget consumption
- Reporting of spare parts stock levels and working capital levels
- Reporting of repairs and maintenance costs and tracking of budget consumption
- Coach and train subordinates to improve functional and personal skills. Organise training of the employees and ensure that the necessary technical skills are kept up to date.
- Provide a development plan for all subordinates in the Technical department
- Define Job Skill Profiles. Map Personal Skill Profiles through direct reports for individual employees.
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures.
- Maintain highest quality standards, ensure safe working practices and care for environment through total compliance with the guidelines set up in Company Quality, Health & safety, Environment, customer service and consumer service & consumer safety policies of Unilever.
- The Site Safety Operations supports the Site SHE Manager or Coordinator in managing
- Safety & Health improvement activities to achieve excellence at the site level. S/he works with site SHE teams to identify and implement improvement plans in order to achieve sustainable SHE excellence by reducing injuries and illnesses as measured in the core KPIs.
- Support the deployment of the global/cluster SHE strategy, policy and standards in the site to achieve excellent sustainable results
- Participate in the SHE teams responsible to deliver Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental results
- Drive safety risk assessment and assist in implementation of appropriate controls
- Aid the Site SHE Manager or Coordinator in leading the SHE Pillar in accordance with ManEx
- Attain a thorough understanding of the Unilever BBS Program and support deployment in the site
- Attain a thorough understanding of the Unilever PSM Program and support deployment in the site and support the application of Unilever guidelines and procedures for Process Safety assessment (SIMAS)
- Influence line management and drive safety leadership
- Monitor site legal compliance and ensure the site meets all local/national regulatory requirements and Unilever standards.
- Work closely with Occupational Health personnel to identify and mitigate risks which may lead to occupational ill health
- Assist the Site SHE Manager or Coordinator to develop and lead the internal crisis committees and safety committee; support the site leader in leading serious incident investigation and analysis
- Conduct trend analysis from incidents, near misses, safe behaviour observations and deep compliance audits
- Assist in delivery of training programs
- 3-5 Years in Manufacturing operations
- Engineering and Category experience
- Experience in Factory Building
- Hydropower Design, Installation and Commissioning.
- Budgeting & Planning
Women and People living with a disability are encouraged to apply
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.