Job Opportunities at US Embassy Tanzania The Embassy of the United States of America in Dar es Salaam is the diplomatic mission of the United States in Tanzania Nafasi za kazi ubalozi wa marekani
JOB TITLE: Security Investigator
Location: Dar es salaam, Tanzania
Summary: The U.S. Mission in Dar es Salaam is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Security Investigator in the Regional Security Office.
● Conducts background investigations on candidates for employment and on local contractors to determine suitability for business.
● Conducts research on behalf of other U.S. law enforcement agencies for criminal investigation.
● Develops and maintains contacts with local government authorities, the police and other law enforcement and private security entities to protect the security of post personnel, coordinate U.S. dignitary visits, and facilitates international conferences.
● Coordinates with local authorities by traveling to different cities in the country to facilitate VIP visits to those locations. Assists post employees involved in crimes and accidents to coordinate with local police.
Threat Analysis: 10%
● Gathers and evaluates intelligence information concerning threats against post personnel, facilities, or information.
● Works with local contacts to receive and verify criminal, counterintelligence, terrorist or other threat information.
● Monitors trends in significant criminal and terrorist activities and any relevant socio-political developments in country and produces analytical reports on the impact of these developments on the post security environment.
Administrative work: 10%
● Maintains staff briefing and debriefing records and vehicle fuel usage logs. Performs translation service for RSO when required.
Qualifications and Evaluations Requirements:
● EXPERIENCE: Minimum of three (3) years of experience in law enforcement, military, private security, or investigation is required.
● JOB KNOWLEDGE: Good working knowledge of the local and regional judicial system including criminal laws and procedures, and laws regarding marriage divorce, adoption and military service. Detailed knowledge of investigative techniques and security databases.
● Education Requirements: A minimum of two (2) years University Studies is required.
● Evaluations: LANGUAGE: Good working Knowledge in English (spoken/written/reading) is required and Fluent Kiswahili (spoken/written/reading) Is required. (this may be tested).
● SKILLS AND ABILITIES: A valid driver’s license is required. (Class B & D)
If you want to apply, click below:
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Deadline: 13th April 2021