Job Opportunities at Airtel Tanzania PLC Airtel Tanzania PLC is one of the leading providers of telecommunications and mobile money services with operations across Tanzania. Headquartered in Dar es Salaam, Airtel Tanzania ranks amongst the top 3 mobile services providers in Tanzania in terms of subscribers. Airtel Tanzania offers an integrated suite of telecommunications solutions to its subscribers, including mobile voice , data services as well as mobile money services both nationally and internationally. Airtel Tanzania aims to continue providing a simple and intuitive customer experience through streamlined customer journeys.
Airtel Tanzania PLC was launched in October 2001 and is Tanzania’s most innovative mobile phone operator, which has introduced many “firsts” in the telecommunications sector.
POSITION:Retail Experience & Governance Manager
Airtel Tanzania PLC is looking for a suitable candidate for the Retail Experience & Governance Manager Position. The incumbent will be responsible for;
- Recruitment, management, support of Airtel Shops within the country by coordination, planning, segmenting and coordination of interdepartmental activities in order to maximize sales revenues, grow market share and foster key account channels effectiveness;
- Responsible for AM/ E-Recharge Growth within the Airtel Shops;
- Management of Regional managers’ performance and operations;
- The retail roll-out of both Company-owned (Company managed & franchise managed) and their management to deliver the delicate balance of profitability and the excellent customer experience in a standardized manner at all stores;
- Drive general operations with a focus on ensuring customer delight whilst keeping keen eye to growing the bottom line;
- Responsible for all shop’s profitability.
Key Responsibilities ;
- Continually monitors Airtel Shops & Airtel Franchise managed Shops sales recruitment process to ensure that targets are met.
- Continually monitors the availability of Airtel products within the Airtel Shops & Airtel owned Franchise Shops and takes remedial action where necessary
- Drives the distribution of branding and promotional materials to the shops
- Identifies requirements for trade promotions within the Airtel Shops and shares with the Customer Service Director
- Manage promotional activities in the Airtel Shops and reports noted problems to higher senior management for action.
- Monitors and reports on competitor activities within the 2 channels and reports for action
- Driving Customer acquisition and revenue growth through Airtel Shops
- Manage Own Retail / Franchise managed Store rollout within the business
- Establish and align the business budgets (Capex- rollout & Opex – operations)
- Implementation & Control of retail operations
- Drive retail operations framework to grow customer acquisition & compliance
- Implement and manage Retail operating manual and prospectus
- Drive consistency in ‘look and feel’ of all showrooms and franchise shops
- Grow the Airtel market share/presence within the channel
- Implement & sustain contracts/contacts in the channel in liaison with marketing, work hand in hand with all stakeholders.
- Ensure highest levels of customer satisfaction on any request, query, and complaint of walk-ins.
- Ensure retention and issue resolution of any irate customer walk ins
- Reduction of churn/cancellation request
- Drive quality at the own shops and franchise
- Carry out mystery audits, shopping & calling on all shops and identify any quality gaps which may translate to training needs to all customer facing touch points
- Create effective systems for identifying training needs assessment & TNI to assist with the learning curve to recommend immediate improvements to improve customer experience- This is in turn shared with the training team.
- Audit all implemented actions to ensure compliance and traction.
- Collate and evaluate Voice of Customer (VOC) to drive initiatives alongside various teams in CS & partner to deliver quality standards
- Drive overall walk ins for business incrementally.
4.Management, co-ordination and Support of Airtel Shops;
- Recruits Airtel Shops & Franchise Shops
- Sets targets for the shops
- Monitors purchases and performance against sales targets on a weekly and monthly basis
- In cases of shortfalls, investigates the cause and works with the partners to develop and implement remedial actions including partner staff
- Motivates, develops and trains the shops on existing and new products.
5.Performance Management ;
- Define performance standards across retail footprint
- Develop competency matrix for showroom and franchise employees
- Work with the Regional Retail managers and teams to monitor and drive retail KPIs
- Drive shops teams to achieve the key deliverables through Airtel Shops and Airtel partner managed shops
- Generates weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports on the sales trends.
- Generates weekly reports on dealer/partner performance
6.Manage Retail budget, projects, people and process to achieve set targets;
- Optimize operating costs to ensure ROI
- Drive OPEX optimization at the shops
- Ensure optimal placement of showrooms employees (e.g. ajira flagship showrooms)
- Drive team Employee Engagement for improved performance and talent retention
- Design and implement an effective rewards scheme for showroom team
- Forecasting Gross Adds, Airtime & Device sales from outlets
- Reporting on business monthly P&L per shop
- Project management of store rollouts and cost control
- Drive KYC compliance
7.Develop initiatives to ensure staff engagement and motivation levels are maintained to enhance staff growth and performance
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of Airtel Shops & Airtel Franchise managed shop staff.
- Develop and motivate team members through structured training and on the job coaching
- Establish performance expectations and regularly review individual performance
- Recommend appropriate rewards and recognition
- Prepare plans to action engagement feedback for team.
- Trains and sets targets according to the customer service
- Monitors performance against targets and put in place remedial measures where required
- Manages staff discipline
- Ensures Airtel franchise managed shops sales, service Centre staff are fully trained as per franchise guidelines.
- Top talent career mapping/development.
Qualifications and Experience;
- A Bachelor’s degree Business, Marketing, Finance, Sales, Commerce or any other related field
- Master’s in Business Administration would be a preferred additional qualification
- 7-10 years’ work experience in retail sales within telecom industry or financial services industry with at least 2 years in branch or service centre shops
- Able to handle, prioritize, multiple projects simultaneously
- Good knowledge of channels
- Able to work under high stress with short-term targets and objectives
- Hands-on approachable to operate in a performance-driven organization
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with MS Office suite (Excel, word, powerpoint )
- Excellent negotiation skills – proven track records of successfully pitching for new business.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Self motivated, enthusiastic, energetic
- Commercially astute – solid understanding of market, competitor & customer
Deadline for receiving applications is 9th April 2021.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
“Airtel Tanzania Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.