87 Job Opportunities at Africovid International Tanzania Is an International Non Profit Organization established in 2020, operating in More than 6 countries in Africa (South Africa, Rwanda, Kenya, Nigeria, Egypt and Zimbabwe) carrying out various COVID19 relief projects under sponsorship of USAID, John Hopkiins University and Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, This COVID19 Relief project will provide Immediate & direct support for risk people of Corona virus such Grocery Food Packet, Soap, Mask, Sanitize item, Hygiene Kit support to the 2500 daily wage workers, Homeless, Street & Slum families, who lost work and earning. Also spread awareness about precaution and prevention through awareness and counseling.
Field Officers (70 Positions) – Dar es Salaam, Arusha, Kilimanjaro, Mwanza, Dodoma, Mbeya, Shinyanga
We are searching for applied Field Officers to evaluate our current programs, using insights obtained to steer and supervise the deployment of new programs. The Field Officer will be required to construct evaluative frameworks, liaise with stakeholders on the ground, and then devise data-driven undertakings that fully align with our stated aims. You should engage in this iterative endeavor with precision to promote beneficence.
• Formulating evaluative resources to guide your fieldwork.
• Inspecting delivery sites to ascertain the appropriateness of contemporary conditions.
• Conferring with project beneficiaries and support staff to evaluate uptake, pitfalls, and areas necessitating expansion.
• Collecting samples, where possible, for subsequent inspection.
• Inputting data into suitable software and then arranging this to facilitate analysis.
• Extracting and reporting on data-driven conclusions for each salient undertaking.
• Updating your expertise by employing a proactive approach to learning.
• Diploma/Degree in any field from a recognized institution.
• Demonstrable experience as a Field Officer.
• Proficient in relevant data storage and analysis software.
• Commendable program and capacity development abilities.
• Strong verbal, written, and statistical skills.
• Exceptional supervision and relationship-building abilities.
Administrative Officers (7 Positions) – Dar es Salaam, Arusha, Mwanza, Kilimanjaro, Dodoma, Mbeya and Shinyanga
The Administrator will play a vital role in ensuring that the Director receives the support required to ensure efficient operations, in particular information regarding directorate operations, for instance the status of programme activities and budgetary spend.
• Manage the annual portfolio calendar
• Offer planning support to the Portfolio Director and help to enhance efficiency and timeliness of Directorate activities.
• Offer Support to the Sector Teams in respect to the planning of their work and data gathering
• Analyze incoming and outgoing memoranda, submissions and reports and prepare and co-ordinate the preparation and submission of summary briefs and reports to the Director
• Prepare agendas and make arrangements for committee, board and other meetings
• Conduct research, compile data, and prepare papers for consideration and presentation by the Director.
• Meet with individuals, special interest groups and others on behalf of the Director to discuss issues and assess and recommend various courses of action
• Liaise with departmental and corporate officials and with other organizations and associations on behalf of the Director.
• A minimum of a degree in a relevant field such as business administration, development studies, Social Sciences, economics, education etc.
• Diploma with At least 1 year experience of providing support to a busy NGO team of professional staff, where a considerable amount of analytical skills are called for.
• Some understanding of and / or experience in budget management
• Independent and able to work with minimal guidance and instruction.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Good analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent Computer skills – Microsoft Office
Accountants (3 Positions) – Dar es Salaam
We are looking for qualified Accountants to manage all financial transactions, from fixed payments and variable expenses to bank deposits and budgets.
Accountant responsibilities include auditing financial documents and procedures, reconciling bank statements and calculating tax payments and returns. To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience with bookkeeping and a flair for spotting numerical mistakes.
Ultimately, you will provide us with accurate quantitative information on financial position, liquidity and cash flows of our business, while ensuring we’re compliant with all tax regulations.
• Manage all accounting transactions
• Prepare budget forecasts
• Publish financial statements in time
• Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings
• Reconcile accounts payable and receivable
• Ensure timely bank payments
• Compute taxes and prepare tax returns
• Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements
• Report on the company’s financial health and liquidity
• Audit financial transactions and documents
• Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary
• Comply with financial policies and regulations
• Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures.
• Hands-on experience with accounting software like FreshBooks and QuickBooks
• Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
• Experience with general ledger functions
• Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
• BSc in Accounting, Finance or relevant degree
• Additional certification (CPA or CMA) is a plus
Program Officers (7 Positions) – Dar es Salaam, Arusha, Kilimanjaro, Mwanza, Mbeya, Dodoma and Shinyanga
The position holder will work closely with diverse teams to formulate and implement specific activities in the annual work plan for the Network in accordance to ‘WE CARE’ AfriCovid Project contractual obligations and internal policies and procedures. This project will be conducted in 7 regions across Tanzania Mainland (Dar es Salaam, Arusha, Kilimanjaro, Mwanza, Mbeya, Dodoma and Shinyanga)
Support AfriCOVID work across the regions in Tanzania.
Support the documentation of periodic reports and activities developed as part of the Program.
With support from the AfriCOVID USA and AfriCOVID SA, work closely with Monitoring and Evaluation Lead to ensure all the projects run smoothly.
Contribute and participate to meaningful and strategic participation in various national. Sub-regional, regional and global spaces about COVID 19 Crisis.
Support the implementation of all AfriCOVID projects and ensuring quality assurance and standard practices and guidelines are adhered to.
Have a bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Public Health, Gender, International relations, Education, Project Planning or any other relevant discipline from a recognized university.
Diploma with at least 2 years’ related experience and/or equivalent
Demonstrate commitment and experience in organizing projects in Africa in all of its diversity.
Comfortable with E-mail communication, MS WORD and Powerpoint
Strong oral and written communication skills to a wide range of audiences
HOW TO APPLY
Applications will be accepted up to 31st March 2021.
Interested applicants should submit: (a) a confidential cover letter; (b) detailed CV with names and addresses of 3 referees.
All applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org ,
INCLUDING the region you want to work in the subject line (Mwanza, Dar es Salaam, Arusha, Kilimanjaro, Dodoma, Shinyanga, Mbeya) e.g FIELD OFFICER – MWANZA