The Salvation Army has been operating in Tanzania for over 80 years. At present, there are more than 150 Salvation Army locations in Tanzania. Each location aims to bring the Good News of Jesus Christ to the community. Through Church programmes, schools, institutions and extensive community development work, The Salvation Army aims ‘to bring people to a living faith in Jesus Christ through preaching the gospel, teaching and modelling holy living, and meeting physical need without discrimination.’
Candidates should understand, respect and sympathise with the Mission and Values of The Salvation Army.
Position Title: Project Manager 1 Post
Do you feel you can offer experience and dedication to further The Salvation Army’s mission of helping everyone? Do you feel you can support The Salvation Army’s no discrimination policy? Do you think you can further our mission of helping the most marginalised in society? Do you want to be part of a team that has already answered ‘Yes!’ to these questions? If the answer to all 4 of these questions is yes, then we would love to work with you in implementing Sustainable agriculture and Livestock project in Mara region,
Post: Project Manager
Qualifications, Skills and experience
- Bachelor degree in Community development, project management or related field.
- Master degree will be an added advantage to applicant.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible work experience in managing and implementing multi-faceted donor-funded development projects. Knowledge on VSLA model is added advantage
- Solid experience in project manaqement, esoeciallv funded projects:
- Able to strategically inspire and energise project teams;
- Background in/understanding of agriculture/Livestock, preferably Food Security and Nutrition; Experience in conducting Monitoring and Evaluation;
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple stakeholders
- Excellent social and networking skills, ability to engage with the private sector, civil society and governments;
- Excellent communication (written and oral),reporting and presentation skills;
- Fluency in English is required;
- Willingness to travel to all project locations and to work in a fragile environment
- Endorse the Christian identitv of The Salvation Armv
- Computer skills (excel, word etc)
- Degree or diploma in community development or any related field.
- Substantial knowledge regarding the program management on field level.
- Enough knowledge on agriculture/Livestock field, knowledge on VSLA is added advantage.
- Sympathetic to The Salvation Army and its aims
- Between 25-45 years of age
- No previous criminal convictions or child abuse incidents, sex exploitation and abuse.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your cover letter, passport size photo and CV with copies of professional certificates and contact details of 3 referees to The Salvation Army HQ, To Chief Secretary Daniel Kiama (Lt.-Colonel), PO Box 1273, DSM, attention to Captain.Stivina Sinana or email email@example.com.
The deadline for submitting the application is 19 March 2021