U.S. Embassy in Tanzania-ASSHF Funding Opportunities
Funding Opportunity Title: Ambassador’s Special Self-Help Program
Funding Opportunity Number: AF-TZ-SSH-GR-2021
Deadline for Applications: June 1, 2021
Assistance Listing Number: 19.700
Anticipated Award Amount: $50,000
Thank you for your interest in the U.S. Ambassador’s Special Self-Help Program. The U.S. Mission Dar es Salaam will be accepting applications now and are due by 11:59 pm on June 1, 2021 for the Ambassador’s Special Self-Help Program. This program aims to support a wide variety of small-scale community-based initiatives that promote self-reliance, foster development through innovation, and promise an immediate and dramatic effect on local communities. The SSH philosophy is to help communities ready to help themselves.
Each project is expected to:
- Improve basic economic or social conditions at the community or village level;
- Support high-impact, quick-implementation activities that benefit a large number of people within one year without requiring further SSH assistance;
- Involve a significant local contribution in cash, labor, or material, and be within the ability of the local community to operate and maintain;
- Be in direct response to the initiative and aspirations of the local community (the local sponsors of the project, who will also be its prime beneficiaries); and
- Not initiate, continue, or supplement technical assistance programs.