300 Job Vacancies at National Bureau of Statistics (NBS)The National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) has been established as an autonomous public office by the Statistics Act, 2015 and has the mandate to provide official statistics to the Government, business community and the public at large. The Act also gives NBS the mandate to play the role as a co-coordinating agency, within the National Statistical System (NSS) to ensure that quality official statistics is produced. Before the enactment of the Statistics Act of 2015, the NBS was one of the Government Executive Agencies which was established on the 26th March, 1999 under the Executive Agencies Act, 1997.
For more Information
To become a one-stop centre for official statistics in Tanzania.
To produce quality official statistics and services that meet needs of national and international stakeholders for evidence based planning and decision making
The NBS which is the central depository for all official statistics produced in Tanzania, is responsible for the collection, compilation, analysis and dissemination of official statistics. Specifically, the services offered by NBS, include:
- To collect data from various sources, analyze, publish, and distribute to stakeholders,
- To conduct surveys and provide technical advice on sampling, statistical data collection, processing, analysis and dissemination of collected data whenever requested by a user/stakeholder,
- To develop standards, methods and provide interpretation of concepts and deﬁnitions,
- To provide raw data for researchers and other stakeholders,
- To prepare maps needed for various surveys and censuses,