New Job Opportunities At UTUMISHI-Ajiraportal On behalf of Dar es Salaam Institute of Technology (DIT), University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM), Mwalimu Nyerere Memorial Academy (MNMA),National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF) and Tanzania Civil Aviation Authority (TCAA) Public Service Recruitment Secretariat invites dynamics and suitable qualified Tanzanians to fill (11)vacant posts mentioned below.Secretary of the Secretariat for Employment in the Public Service on behalf of the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Natural Resources and Tourism, Conservation Commissioner, Tanzania Wildlife Authority (TAWA), Director of Musoma Municipal Council and Executive Directors of Igunga District Councils, Kasulu, Njombe, Kilwa, MagunaMbozi welcomes job applications from qualified and capable Tanzanians to fill ten (10) vacancies as outlined in this advertisement.
The Public Service Recruitment Secretariat (PSRS) is a government organ with a status of independent Department established specifically to facilitate the recruitment process of employees to the Public Service. Public Service Recruitment Secretariat was established by the Public Service Act No. 8 0f 2002 as amended by Act No. 18 of 2007, section 29(1).
To be a Centre of Excellence in Public Service Recruitment in the region.
To undertake recruitment of Public servants using modern approaches by adhering to principles of equity, transparency and merits as well as providing advice to employers on employment related matters.
Functions of Public Service Recruitment Secretariat
The major role of PSRS is to facilitate recruitment in the Public Service. According to the Public Service Cap. 298 of 2002 as amended by Amendment Act No. 18 of 2007 section 29 (1), the functions of PSRS are:-
- Search for various professionals with special skills and prepare database for such professionals for easier recruitment;
- Register graduates and professionals for purposes of ease of reference of filling vacant posts;
- Advertise vacant posts occurring in the public service;
- Engage appropriate experts for purposes of conducting interviews
- Advise employers on various matters related to recruitment, and
- Do any other act or thing which may be directed by the Minister responsible for Public Service.
The core values of PSRS cornerstones of work performance and conduct in adaptation to changes in society, government, politics, and technology. The following were PSRS core values:-
- Pursuit of excellence in service delivery.
- Loyalty to Government.
- Courtesy to all.
- Respect for the law, and
- Proper use of official information