Employment opportunities at REDESO Tanzania Relief to development Society (REDESO) is a National Non-Governmental Organization (NNGO) whose vision is “A community where refugees and other vulnerable people have access to equal opportunities”. It has head office in Dar es Salaam and field offices in Kibondo, Kasulu and Kishapu district. In partnership with UNHCR, REDESO invites interested qualified and competent personnel to join REDESO team to undertake the project to the strengthening of Programme Unit for the following position.
Position: Senior Programme Manager
Location: Dar es Salaam (Head Office)
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
The incumbent shall be responsible for providing assistance to CEO on day to day business at field level and monitor the implementation of activities at the head and field offices.
PROPOSAL DEVELOPMENT, IMPLEMENTATION & PROJECT MODIFICATIONS
- Focal point and coordinate new opportunities and proposal development process
- Develop and implement strategic business development plan
- Support program implementation of plan
- Ensure learning is integrated into new project design together with M&E Coordinator
- Participate in donor workshops/meetings as needed
- Support cultivation of donor relationships and participate in donor meetings regularly
- Ensure proposal budgets accurately reflect needs (within donor rules) and finalize budget narratives
AGREEMENTS & AMENDMENTS
- Focal point for day-to-day amendments, agreements, donor requests and coordinating info required from Dar level
- Focal point for new agreements, more complex agreements, needed amendments and budget realignments
- Lead reporting process ensuring quality and timeliness by sending templates, timelines, compiling and drafting reports
- Review and submit monthly reports
- Provide feedback on reports
- Liaise with M&E Coordinator on donor reported indicators
- Relay any reporting issues to the SMT for either communication if higher level action required (donor communication, etc.)
- Lead grants management trainings
- Handle reporting issues requiring donor attention or that of senior staff
- Develop communications strategy and products (newsletter, blog spots) coordinating with Communications Officer
OTHER PROGRAM AND OPERATIONAL MANAGEMENT
- Ensure all request from field / donors are responded to in a timely manner and handle more complex requests
- Proactively identify and communicate areas of compliance concern to sector lead & operations staff
- Focal point for REDESO Program issues
- Undertake quarterly field visits to remain aware of project activities and assess training needs as well as any compliance issues to be aware of
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- The candidate must possess master’s in Business Administration, Environmental Management or Social Science from reputable university of equivalent qualifications from a recognized University.
- At least five (5) years extensive and successful experience in project planning management. Preferably humanitarian and development programmes.
- Managed donor funded projects in particular UN Agency.
- Must have an experience of working at the senior level with minimum supervision.
- Candidate must possess a high degree of honesty, integrity, visionary leadership, Team Work spirit and volunteerism.
- Able to establish and maintain relationship with key people both internally and externally.
- Ability to manage a highly complex portfolio and deliver a wide range of objectives within the time available.
- Procurement and Contract Management Skills, personal energy and resilience and ability to think strategically without losing touch with day today service delivery
- MS Office applications, Word, Excel, Power Point, Spread sheets and other Statistical software.
Language: Fluency in spoken and written English and Kiswahili is required
How to apply:
Submit your updated CV, copies of certificates, two referees contact address and application detailing your suitability for the post to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date: 25th February 2021. We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Application received after the deadline shall not be considered.